Damn Yankees
Today was errand day. A simple errand day, or so I thought. We had to go to Passaic to return a highchair we had borrowed. Got loaded up in the car, headed out to Jersey, dropped the highchair, stopped at 7-Eleven (we are Slurpee addicts) and headed back to NY. That's where things got bad. APPARENTLY, when the Yankees play a game, the traffic backs up to New Zealand! What the heck!? Why on earth does there seem to be a ton more traffic just because some boys who look like men want to throw a ball around. I mean seriously people, give me a break. If the Yankees have any sympathy on the world around them, they should build another bridge connecting Jersey to Manhattan, because today was insane. My son nearly passed out he was so hot, the car started to overheat, I literally got a sunburn because we sat in the car so long (2 hours plus!)
Then to make things go from bad to worse, I get home and log onto a board I am a member of where someone is telling a story about her miscarriage. It brought back too many memories. Way too many.
I'm sorry that this blog is turning out to be a kvetch-fest. Thanks for sticking with me though. It will cheer up soon! :)
Then to make things go from bad to worse, I get home and log onto a board I am a member of where someone is telling a story about her miscarriage. It brought back too many memories. Way too many.
I'm sorry that this blog is turning out to be a kvetch-fest. Thanks for sticking with me though. It will cheer up soon! :)

5 Comments:
hey nech: if you are going to give me honorable mention, please give it a link as well
By
thekvetcher, at 5:19 PM
kvetch, I couldnt find the Oscar the Grouch picture that I WANTED to link to so I chose not to link at all :)
normaljew, thanks, I needed that ;)
By
energynorm, at 11:10 PM
If you were heading back to NY from Passaic, where was the game that you hit traffic? I don't understand.
If you are a slurpee addict did you go to 7-11 on 7-11 for a free slurpee??
By
ifuncused, at 8:36 PM
My husband told me about it but since there is no 7-Eleven in NYC, I could go :( How sad!
We were heading to the GWB from Passaic. The traffic heading to the game was going over the cross Bronx.
By
energynorm, at 9:27 PM
Yes those yankees should be damned! they are a lousy basball team this year! in fact, they should postpone building a new stadium until they at least get their game going. You nu yawkers ought to root for a better team, the chicago white sox! now there's a team to get behind! White Sox in '05!
By
Mishegasmaster, at 6:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home