All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Friday, February 03, 2006

Did feminism kill chivalry?

I think it did, but I dont know what can be done about it! Men view women as sex objects in such blatant unveiled ways now. In the past, more coverage meant more appeal. Now, if a woman is showing her independance and stating her equality by dressing however she damn well pleases, she is seen as easy, a slut etc. Whatever happpened to men putting their coats over puddles so we could walk without getting the bottoms of our skirts wet? Oh yeah, we're not wearing floor length skirts anymore. But it goes way beyond actions. And it doesnt just have to do with sex. It is a whole change in mannerism and verbalization towards women. "Back in the day" a man spoke to a woman with a certain tone of respect for her sensitivities. I notice that that is no longer the case. Just because a woman is stronger physically and mentally now than ever before does not mean that she is emotionally tougher.

Speak to us as though you care about how your words will affect us. Speak to us as though you care, even if you dont. Heck, speak to us like important clients whose butts you want to kiss if you need a better analogy. Just dont speak to us like we are one of the guys. We want to be treated with kindness and we want you to know that when we tell you in a joking manner "Dont be so mean", we really mean it.

This is a guest post courtesy of the insanity of energynorm :) Enjoy!

7 Comments:

  • sahm4yrs, did I ever tell you I love you?

    A friend tonight told me she understands why women are happy in lesbian relationships (no, I am not making a pass at you sahm4yrs). Women understand women. So really what is the benefit to living with a man other than his use in regards to sex? Dildos can help with solving that problem!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:00 PM  

  • I'm with George on this one. Hold the door open for us, see to our needs, treat us like women and you will be heavily rewarded!!

    By Blogger Stacey, at 9:12 PM  

  • I totally agree with you George...

    Now tell us what really happened for that spark to fly....

    By Blogger Hindy Garfinkel, at 11:26 PM  

  • In a word, stubborn men happened. OK, that was three words. I am not necessarily just talking about my husband here, but he is what lit the flying spark!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:33 AM  

  • i don't care if men don't hold the door, i just get annoyed when they let it slam on the stroller.
    i don't want them to put their coats over puddles, just give up your seat on the subway when we're eight months pregnant and can hardly reach to hang on every time the train lurches.
    my friends and i joke that we're at the point where it's a big "turn on" if our husbands do some housework without us having to ask. . . .

    By Blogger bec, at 9:45 PM  

  • dildo is dido without the letter "l," did you ever notice that george? ;)

    By Blogger Mishegasmaster, at 7:40 PM  

  • Feminsim killed chivalry......quite intentionaly.....

    By Blogger DAG, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home