It was all the ketchup's fault!
As was correctly noted, I was away on a trip. I don't know that I would call it a vacation but I had a chance to see my parents with my son and that is always nice.
My husband picked us up at the airport. Very uneventful (though we had awful turbulence on the flight which he had been hearing about from other passengers who were already waiting at baggage claim and when he saw me he didnt even ask if we were ok but that is besides the point) and we drove home. At home, we lit the candles for Chanukah, my husband put latkes in the oven to warm, I put our son to sleep and went in the eat in kitchen to check my email (that is where our computer is). My husband came in to the kitchen and took his latkes out of the oven and proceeded to try to put ketchup on them. Something went wrong and the ketchup squirted everywhere. Not in major amounts, but it splattered. All of a sudden I hear "G-DDAMMIT!" and he is slamming things around, grabbing paper towels off the paper towel holder, the roll of paper towels goes flying, etc. I get up and ask if he needs help. He ignores me and continues to slam things and throw things. He threw the roll of paper towels in the sink, finished cleaning up and left the kitchen. I sat down and waited until my heart stopped pounding.
So if anyone asks how did the paper towel holder break, I will just say it was all the ketchup's fault!
My husband picked us up at the airport. Very uneventful (though we had awful turbulence on the flight which he had been hearing about from other passengers who were already waiting at baggage claim and when he saw me he didnt even ask if we were ok but that is besides the point) and we drove home. At home, we lit the candles for Chanukah, my husband put latkes in the oven to warm, I put our son to sleep and went in the eat in kitchen to check my email (that is where our computer is). My husband came in to the kitchen and took his latkes out of the oven and proceeded to try to put ketchup on them. Something went wrong and the ketchup squirted everywhere. Not in major amounts, but it splattered. All of a sudden I hear "G-DDAMMIT!" and he is slamming things around, grabbing paper towels off the paper towel holder, the roll of paper towels goes flying, etc. I get up and ask if he needs help. He ignores me and continues to slam things and throw things. He threw the roll of paper towels in the sink, finished cleaning up and left the kitchen. I sat down and waited until my heart stopped pounding.
So if anyone asks how did the paper towel holder break, I will just say it was all the ketchup's fault!

9 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Y.Y., at 1:38 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Hindy Garfinkel, at 2:40 PM
Oops, didn't mean to delete. The moral of the story is you should never eat ketchup with latkes. Everyone knows thats sacriligeous. Only sour cream or apple sauce.
By
Hindy Garfinkel, at 2:41 PM
bjg, thank him for bringing his wife and son home? Thank him for cleaning up a mess HE made? Are you trying to tick me off? I guess you are lucky not to be on the viewing end of rage. I can guarantee that though a paper towel holder or even a wall clock are disposable, the memory of that image doesnt go away as easily.
yy, screw you.
just yidding and out of town mom, thanks for trying to get me to smile about this.
By
energynorm, at 4:12 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Y.Y., at 7:57 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Y.Y., at 7:58 PM
I have decided I have no use for negative comments on my blog. My mother always said, if you do not have nice things to say, dont say them. I wont block comments because I like to hear constructive responses. However, the responses of YY were DESTRUCTIVE not CONSTRUCTIVE, which is why I have removed them. As a good friend of mine once said on his blog, if you dont like what you are reading, dont visit.
By
energynorm, at 8:35 PM
to bad its not so easy delete your problems like it was so easy to delete my comment just one click oh well the first thing for fixing a problem is admiting that something you do is wrong by deleting my comments your problems wont go away
By
Y.Y., at 9:51 PM
yy, since, in blogville, you are my only problem, deleting seems to be effective. I enjoyed your visits when they were useful but not anymore.
By
energynorm, at 11:35 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home