Babies
I really don't talk enough about my son. I know a large part is due to the fact that my blog has focused almost from the start on my marital issues. However, some of the lack of discussion about my son simply is due to the fact that I was always annoyed by parents who brag about their kid's accomplishments. I enjoy when close friends tell me what their kids have done, but when it becomes a "one-up" competition, that just annoys me so much. So I think what I will do is talk about my beautiful child here, because no one here will feel I am trying to "one-up" them. My son is by far the most amazing child I have ever met. I know that sounds weird, but he is so very much his own person that I feel like I am on a lifelong "getting to know you" interview with him. Each and every day he says something which totally astounds me. Last week I was laying in bed with a migraine and he was playing on the bed near me. I had a washcloth over my eyes and I heard my son sitting them chattering to himself. All of a sudden I hear the following "One, two, three, four, five, six". I thought that surely I was having a weird migraine/drug induced dream. Then I hear my husband asking me if I just heard that. Sure enough, my 19 month old son can count! It turns out he can count pretty well up to eight but when prompted can go to ten. He also has a vocabulary of at least 200 words. At his age, it is acceptable to have a vocabulary of 10-50 words. He also knows his colors (red, blue, green, black, white, yellow and purple). He says “A, B, C, D”. The thing that most shocks people that meet him though is how polite he is. He knows that if he wants something he has to say please and when it is given to him, he has to say thank you. He does it now without being prompted. He also sits and eats with a fork, knows how to wipe off his mouth and hands when they get dirty and throws a football clear across the room at what he aims at. He has pooped on the potty 4 times already. When you ask him where a dolphin lives, he says “ocean” and when you ask him where the moon is he says “sky”. If it is overcast at night he will tell you the moon is hiding. He sings the words “Torah tziva lanu moshe”. He will put his dirty clothes in the hamper and garbage in the garbage can.
I guess maybe to some people these all seem like normal things that kids do, but I never saw a 19 month old who was this intelligent, polite and aware of his surroundings.
I love my son and am so very proud of him.
I guess maybe to some people these all seem like normal things that kids do, but I never saw a 19 month old who was this intelligent, polite and aware of his surroundings.
I love my son and am so very proud of him.

5 Comments:
Please have your son talk to my daughter about pooping on the toiler/potty. She doesn't think its a good idea.
By
Hindy Garfinkel, at 3:25 PM
out of town mom, I think that a lot of the reason why one child will poop on the toilet and another won't is personality combined with age. Maybe my son is still young enough that, while he is independant, he didn't feel he had a choice but to get it out when I told him to :) Don't worry, as I always said when my son didn't chew yet, you don't see any kids graduating from college that didn't learn how to chew. So too, your daughter will for sure know how to poop on the toilet before she graduates from college! :)
By
energynorm, at 8:08 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. She did actually poop on the potty way back when...but I think that was out of excitement over having a new potty. Right now she is playing mind and control games. She has too much control over her bathroom habits. My parents love it, since she was such an easy baby, and now she gives us a hard time.
By
Hindy Garfinkel, at 8:12 PM
Uh oh, my son is an easy baby too! Does that mean I better not let down my guard? :)
By
energynorm, at 8:14 PM
normal, thanks ;)
sahm4yrs, thanks!
By
energynorm, at 10:20 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home