All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Cookie Crisp

This post is in response to comments that Y.Y. made in my last post titled "My Sister"

Last Shabbos my youngest sister was over and I knew that she didn’t like the cereal we had because it had almonds in it. So I told her to take my credit card and go to the store and buy what she wants. She came back with a cereal we all like (Cookie Crisp - hence the title of this post), and we all ate from it. No problem, right? Well, last night my husband asked me why she had bought that cereal. I told him it was because she doesn’t like almonds and so I told her she could go get a cereal she likes. He responded with "I feel like we are running a daycare here, catering to the needs of children."

Aside from the fact that HE ate from the cereal too, what the hell is his problem? Is it so bad that I should want my guests to feel comfortable so I accommodate their tastes?

I am a vegetarian, and only the last time that I was at my father in law's house was I accommodated for my lifestyle. All the times before, I had only the option of side dishes. Yet I never complained and he never spoke to his father about the fact that it would be nice to serve some protein I could eat. Do you know WHY I was accommodated the last time? Because my father in law has decided on a more vegetarian lifestyle so he and his wife eat less meat. Therefore, they had something which they eat which coincidentally I could eat too.

Y.Y, look back over the months of my blog and you will see that you are sorely mistaken. I do not put my family first OVER my husband, he puts his family first OVER me.

12 Comments:

  • your husband is hilarious
    lol

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 11:45 AM  

  • why would he care about a box of cereal, is beyond me.
    maybe because he wants your sister to feel uncomfortable so she shouldnt want to come again

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 11:47 AM  

  • And do you think that that is an acceptable way for him to behave? He didnt say that comment to her, btw, he said it to me. So it wasnt to make her uncomfortable. It was simply to piss me off.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 11:59 AM  

  • why is your husband going out of his way to make sure to piss you off?

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 12:27 PM  

  • You tell me! I have no clue!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 1:33 PM  

  • ok do me a favor and ask him tonight this question
    "why do you try so hard to piss me off"?

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 1:40 PM  

  • A question like that would piss him off. Besides, he will counter with either "You are in such a bad mood lately. When are you going to be nice to me?" or "If what I said upset you you should have said it then. Not wait a couple days to say something. You always wait to tell me when you are upset and then you blame it on me when I didnt even know you were upset." How would YOU answer that?!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 2:00 PM  

  • ok
    before you ask him the question then make this hakdamah
    tell him you wanna ask him something not because something that happened in the past days or weeks just a general question on the bigger picture as you have been thinking over you relationship with him and what direction its headin so you want to ask him this one question "why do you want to piss me off?" if he says a reason why then ok you are on the road of understanding each other if he says he doesnt wanna piss you off then tell him the things that get you pissed and ask him nicely to try not to repeat them again

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 2:29 PM  

  • We'll see. You have to realize that since we ARE in therapy, sometimes it feels like things can only be resolved while talking to the therapist. If I find him to be in a good mood, I will attempt it. I only wish I could record his answer so that I can quote him accurately.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 2:48 PM  

  • just to let you know that im not in with BJG he speaks for himself

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 9:35 PM  

  • ofcourse he needs to be talked to but for some reason i feel it wont help

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 5:17 AM  

  • It's taken me over 9 years in total to give up and you, y.y., have given up in a matter of weeks. I dont know what that says about you or about my marriage, but it is an interesting commentary.

    brooklynjewishguy, thanks for the offer :)

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home