All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dippity doo da dippity day

****Notice of disclaimer:
For those of my blog readers who would rather not know THAT much about my personal life, you may not want to read this next blog entry****

So yet again it is mikveh night. As everyone knows, the clocks changed so everything is earlier now, including sundown, which means that I can go to the mikveh earlier if I wanted to. Tonight I went at 8:30. According to the schedule on the tv, Desparate Housewives is on at 9 and Grey's Anatomy is on at 10. So that could technically give my husband a half hour from the time I leave to the time the first show that we loyally watch each Sunday night to take a shower. I got home at 9:20 or so and he hadn't showered yet. It is now 11:10, the good shows are over and he is in the bathroom trimming his beard. I think if I was a betting sort of gal, I would say he won't be ready for bed until midnight.

$10 a bet, anyone game?

11 Comments:

  • wow
    a marriage in the dumpster
    i feel sorry for you

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 5:14 AM  

  • (((((((hugs)))))))

    the last time it was mikvah night, i had such a revelation. you might appreciate this.
    sometimes the best thing about mikvah night is that it's this one night that as women, we can get away ALONE and sit and soak in a hot tub or shower knowing that when we get out, we won't hear babies crying (which is a blessing, i know, i know) or someone hurrying us out. i feel dizzyingly nervous when the mikvah lady comes in to check me, but then, being led down the hall with all of the marble and beautiful lights, i feel like a queen, and yet protected like a child, and then after, i am always so grateful to have had the opportunity just to get out that unfortunately, while sex is a given bonus, i sometimes think it would be cool to just hang out in the mikvah all night. :D

    By Blogger bec, at 12:54 AM  

  • normalJew, the exact time he was ready was 11:58. I know because I am anal that way so I checked.

    bec, I think it is beautiful that you feel that way. The mikvah I go to isnt so nice. I have to find a new one to go to where I dont feel like I am being rushed in and out. Aside from that, because of everything going on in my marriage, I dont feel like the sex is a bonus. I really dont feel attracted to my husband anymore and so, to be frank, anywhere above my waist that he touches anymore just makes me cringe. Below the waist, for now, is still ok. I dont know what I will do when that is a problem as well.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 3:18 AM  

  • yes as i feared this marriage is all but over

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 11:15 AM  

  • y.y. thank you for your inspiring words. Without them, I fear I would not be able to go on...

    By Blogger energynorm, at 11:20 AM  

  • sorry i am so sorry but its reality i would do anything to help you guys work things out

    By Blogger Y.Y., at 7:22 PM  

  • this is the best i can do:
    ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

    By Blogger bec, at 7:32 PM  

  • bec, thank you :) You're a true bloggy friend!

    y.y. My mother always used to say, if you dont have anything nice and helpful [my addition], then dont say it! I appreciate your words, in general, and while your message is a valid one, there are much friendlier and gentler ways to say them, dontcha think?!?!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 8:12 PM  

  • I feel for you. How's it going these days?

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 10:17 PM  

  • Oh la de oh la da, life goes on... Shevy, dear, I think that is all I can say.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:26 AM  

  • Nope, not a blooming thing. But thanks for the offer!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home