A time to sleuth, a time to kvetch
Here are the facts:
- There is this guy at work who gives me and my son a ride home as often as he can. However, sometimes he just can't.
- I have sciatica.
- I am a stubborn Hungarian.
Here is the story:
I told my husband that we probably need to drive to and from work (which includes daycare) for the next couple weeks because I need time to heal and carrying my son and his stroller up and down the subway stairs isn't helping the healing process. So he asked me why I cant just get a ride home with my coworker. Reasons? a) My coworker can't always be expected to give me a ride home. b) I still have to go up the stairs in the morning on my own (yes, SOMETIMES people help) because my husband (who comes with me and my son in the morning on the bus and then the train) gets off after the first train and I still switch to the second train with my son. So my husband switched the subject and that was that.
My thought?
I will go to my husband's office (getting there around 5:30 or so) and will wait until he is ready and he will help me in the subway etc. Well, I didn't do it today and knowing me I won't ever do it.
Why?
- Because I am a stubborn Hungarian and I hate to rely on people for their help.
- I should be able to do it on my own.
- Why should my son sit and wait and do nothing while my husband finishes up his work? He won't be done at 5:30 which is when his work day TECHNICALLY ends so we would probably leave anywhere from 6 or 6:30.
- Is it fair to sit there and be a distraction to my husband when he IS trying to work?
So there ya have it. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and I think they are both ME.

8 Comments:
do you still live together with your husband?????
By
Y.Y., at 11:35 AM
In my current condition, even if I DID know how to drive I couldnt.
YY, yes, why do you ask?
Hopefully today I will get a ride home. My husband doesn't have reasons really. Last night when I went home I told him I for sure have sciatica, that the chiropractor confirmed it, and he said, well what will you do about it? I told him that that was why I wanted him to drive in. Again he ignored the comment. I told him then I dont know what I can do but that the doctor said I shouldnt be lifting our son. Maybe I should set up that lunch meeting.
By
energynorm, at 12:44 PM
7 years is still YOUNG in a marriage? If that is the excuse then it is amazing people last this long in a marriage. I think that a husband who is that inconsiderate should have learned by now to be considerate, dont you?!
He has the choice take it or leave it. He leaves it up to me to figure out instead of taking it upon himself to help out.
I cant take any more time off unless I am dead (pretty much) so until my trip to California during Thanksgiving week, I am here to stay.
Grin and bear it. That's me motto and I'm stickin' to it!
By
energynorm, at 2:32 PM
UPDATE: My coworker doesnt have his car today so no ride home.
By
energynorm, at 2:34 PM
if you need company at your office overnite you can always call me
By
Y.Y., at 7:13 PM
Flirt! I ended up taking the train home. I called my husband at 4:30 to tell him I would be coming at 5:30 to his office with our son so he could help me in the subway. He told me that was fine except he wouldnt be leaving until 6:30. There was no way I was going to be able to occupy my son that long in a small office so I just went home on my own.
By
energynorm, at 7:22 PM
your husband never compromises for you????
By
Y.Y., at 9:39 PM
He would probably say he does but I dont know that I remember when that is true. Tomorrow I will write up what happened when he got home tonight.
By
energynorm, at 10:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home