Two posts today - Therapy Update and Cruelty (see below)
Sunday at the therapist went well. I feel almost justified in my feelings over the past few years. The therapist felt that my husband needs to come in and that I should encourage him to go. So I told him on Sunday that she has openings on Wednesday evening. I am leaving it up to him to make the appointment though. As much as I understand the logic behind pushing him, I am still not his mother. The therapist would like him to go on a medication which will make him not react as strongly as quickly to things that in reality shouldnt bother him as much as they do. It was, all in all, a pleasant session. I still feel like I need to leave, even if it is just for a short amount of time. The therapist asked me to tell her what my husband could do to get to the point where I would be happy with him, and I simply couldnt answer. Part of it is that I wish he could figure it out on his own. Another part is that I know that no matter what he does, I feel like I need time to heal. That is something he wont agree with. Well, next appointment is Sunday again. Good luck to me!

6 Comments:
The question is how? I have a child, a job, people who need me and depend on me...
By
energynorm, at 10:37 AM
hmmmm
i added you to my favorites
By
Y.Y., at 2:58 PM
Awww, I'm touched :)
By
energynorm, at 3:03 PM
Logistically that would never work. His father would throw a party because he would know that there is marital trouble (which my husband would not want at all since he is a very private person and having his father -- a person who pushed many times for us to break off our engagement -- know about this would be the worst thing possible). Not to mention my parents live in Florida and there is no way we would be able to decide who takes our son for that period of time.
By
energynorm, at 9:30 AM
There are many people in my circle of friends. None on his side. You have to understand something. He doesnt see that there is anything wrong. And even if he did, he would hate to have other people know and be a part of it.
By
energynorm, at 9:23 AM
I wish it was that easy. For now, I have to just deal with it. Truth is, until he willingly lets me be on my own for a while, it would be counterproductive to do it. He needs to both understand and acknowledge that it is a necessary thing before any wounds can begin to heal for me.
By
energynorm, at 10:51 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home