All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Shock and Awe

I am truly amazed. This morning my husband told me he will try to cancel one of his lawyerly thingies he has today so maybe he will be able to pick up our son. I'm very happy. I think I will be able to take some ME time after all. I haven't yet told my husband I will be home late, but after therapy I will wander the city like I used to, people watching etc.

Aside from that, I had a HELLISH time getting in to work this morning. The trains were packed because our President is in town and people are actually listening to the gridlock alert and taking public transportation. I had to wait for three trains to go by before there was enough room for me to get on with my son in the stroller. And of course, while we were on that very packed third train, my darling angel decided he didn't want his shoes on anymore. Or his socks. Try taking shoes and socks off a screaming baby in a packed train. Maybe they should make a game show with tasks like these. That would be funnier than it was this morning. Or maybe it would put it into perspective for me and make me find it funnier than I did.

So all in all, I am finding today to be potentially positive.

18 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home