All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Question from an "8"

A friend of mine asked me today, do you ever blog about why you SHOULDN'T get divorced? I thought that was a rather profound question. He is right too. I should write about why, in theory, I shouldn't get divorced.

The problem is, I can't come up with a good enough reason. I feel like a single mom. I feel like I ask him for so little, and even with that I can't rely on him. I don't feel appreciated. Then he can't understand why I am not affectionate enough. I told him I want a housekeeper. A nice surprise from him to me, to show me he really does care, is to get one. One day last week when I stayed home in the morning, I asked that he take our son in to daycare. He kvetched and moaned about it because it would be so hard to do it. Isn't it just as hard for ME to shlep our son up and down stairs in the subway and on the bus? When I pointed that out, he said "Fine, I will try this one time." Gee, thanks for all the help DEAR.

So, why shouldn't I get divorced? Well, I do love my husband. I want my son to grow up with both his parents in one place, not to have to answer the questions and teasings of his classmates. I want to know that my parents didn't waste their money when they paid for my entire wedding. I want to know we didn't waste our money buying a new place to live recently.

But I want to be happy. I'm not. I can be.

21 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home