Surfacing
A few of my loyal readers have been wondering where I have been the past few days. Things have been relatively tame at home. A part of it is because my husband has been trying to change. I appreciate the effort, I really do. What I need to see is how long it will last and how much I care about it lasting. We still have our first therapy scheduled for Aug. 31. I am honest enough with myself (though not with my husband) to say that I am not sure I care at all about it lasting or about us lasting. Another part of the tameness is that I am packing to move. So that takes enough energy that there is none left use for arguing.
I went out with some girlfriends last night and everything we spoke about, I felt like when I was contributing, all I was saying was "I dont go there because my husband doesnt like it" or "I dont watch that because my husband doesnt like it". It was liberating to be out until midnight.
Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that while a lot of nothing is going on, a lot of something is going on too.
Hamevin yavin.
I went out with some girlfriends last night and everything we spoke about, I felt like when I was contributing, all I was saying was "I dont go there because my husband doesnt like it" or "I dont watch that because my husband doesnt like it". It was liberating to be out until midnight.
Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that while a lot of nothing is going on, a lot of something is going on too.
Hamevin yavin.

1 Comments:
I have a married friend who comes to lunch with us singles every once in a while. She told us it isn't so she could socialize with us, it is for her own sanity.
I used to wonder if she is making that up or if she has Shalom Bayis problems, but now I see that maybe sometimes you just need a little time on your own. Though it's hard to picture when you are single and think you'll be spending every second together (in bed?)
By
Elisheva, at 2:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home