All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

9/11

I made my first appointment yesterday to speak with a therapist. The date that worked the best for us was Sept 11. So, being the English lit major that I was, I began to analyze the symbolism in that. Sept 11 to most NYers means a loss of a sense of security and freedom. To others, it means an awakening to a renewed need to fight for our freedom. It is a rebirth of sorts.

What will Sept 11 2005 be for me? Will it mean the beginning of a new way for me to live my life or will it mean the beginning of the end of any sort of happiness?

4 Comments:

  • keep positive - it will be a reawakening and a rebirth. how could it be anything else in the month of elul?
    huge round of applause on following thru!!!!
    Som kal!

    By Blogger queeniesmom, at 11:17 AM  

  • Thanks to both of you :)

    Are you two the only ones that religiously read my blog? It's ok with me, I was just curious :)

    By Blogger energynorm, at 8:43 PM  

  • it can mean a lot of things really, but i moved on that date one year ago and my life has been full and rich and prosperous ever since. btw...you're going to see a therapist on a sunday? that's kind of odd...

    By Blogger Mishegasmaster, at 6:16 PM  

  • Thanks Yiddishe mama. I dont really care to know how many are reading. I prefer to actually hear from the readers. Just reading and not replying is like being a peeping tom IMHO. Not that I am saying you are one, just a general observation.

    Mishegas, this therapist does evening and weekend hours. Works for my schedule.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home