All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Thursday, September 15, 2005

How was therapy?

I got that question thrice so I will answer it here. The best way to answer it is to copy and paste what I wrote to one of the askers:

It was interesting. I really wonder what to reply to that question. My husband asked the same thing. I was just allowed to talk, to vent my feelings. In the end one of the things we came to realize is that my husband, most likely without realizing, trying to control me.

It was all very inconclusive, but pretty much a lot of what you have read on my blog was what we discussed.

So I was asked, then why do I need to go to her and waste my money?

Because she is a professional who will help guide me to finding some sort of happiness and peace with myself and will guide me in what to do about my marriage. Fellow bloggers can't do that and my ranting and raving doesn't guide me, it is just emotional vomit.

So there you go. I feel good today. I feel like I am on the road to something. I am not scared of being on that road either. The therapist told me that it seems I have everything in some sort of order in my head. I hope that is right.

2 Comments:

  • He wasnt there. He has never rescheduled the couple's session he cancelled a couple weeks ago. That says something, in my opinion.

    I do feel, after speaking out all my thoughts without interruption, that maybe he is trying to control me. I dont feel that he knows that he is doing it on purpose.

    By Blogger energynorm, at 2:53 PM  

  • No situation is perfect. No man or woman is perfect. I had a teacher once who told me that if you think your significant other is perfect, you're not in love. On the other hand, she also said that if he has flaws you can overlook, then you know you ARE in love.

    Normal, three weeks ago my husband cancelled the therapy session for us both to go, as a couple. It was the scheduled for the day after we moved and so we were too tired to go anyway. He has yet to reschedule. I need to make myself happy, with or without him (at the sessions or in my life).

    By Blogger energynorm, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home