All about me - What you knew and what you wish you didn't find out

Monday, July 31, 2006

Who woulda thunk it?

I actually think that some headway is being made in my relationship with my husband. I can say with all honesty that I don't know what caused it, on my part OR his, but for some reason, progress is being made. I find myself being more affectionate towards him, wanting to do things for him, able to communicate better with him and get my message across better about my feelings.

Yesterday my husband and I had an evening appointment to go for therapy. I spoke with him in the morning and asked him if he thought we really needed to go. I said that as far as I was concerned, we had had a really good week, and so I didnt see why we would need to go unless he disagreed with my assessment of the week. He agreed with the fact that we didnt need to go, but that he wanted to go alone, to work on his stuff. I was very proud of him for having said that.

A friend of mine told me yesterday that I looked very happy, more so than I have lately. I replied that my husband is the reason. Who woulda thunk it?

3 Comments:

  • mylifeiscool, welcome to my blog. As I said in my post, I dont know what caused the change. It just happened. We for sure have lots ahead of us to challenge us, most mainly is the fact that my husband is still dead set against me donating a kidney. That too will be overcome somehow.

    Thanks SAHM!!

    By Blogger energynorm, at 2:04 PM  

  • definitely do not stop therapy altogether, whether you go or he goes or you both go, whatever, but don't stop. having been through therapy for a different, but difficult situation, you should continue until the honeymoon period is over, and you folks know you're strong enough to stand on your own.
    and btw, i'm thrilled that things are looking better for you folks. ahh, i've been looking forward to a post like this for a while! :D

    By Blogger bec, at 1:09 AM  

  • you need to grab his nuts and squeeze til he gets the point of a relationship straight.

    By Blogger thekvetcher, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home